A new Tesco store
Our proposal is to re-develop the Crown Centre with a new state-of-the-art Tesco store, bringing more choice and quality shopping for local people. A modern and spacious shopping environment with a practical layout and wide aisles will help to make shopping easy and hassle-free.
The store will offer a wide range of quality foods, including fresh food and deli ranges, a fish counter, wines and spirits and a bakery. The store will also offer a range of non-food items such as clothing, electrical goods, homeware, newspapers and magazines.
Our proposals include:
- 400 new jobs for local people
- A modern, spacious shopping environment
- A wider choice of great value everyday items, including Tesco Finest and Value ranges
- A new car park with 550 spaces
- A customer cafe
- New shop units for smaller retailers
- Easy pedestrian links to the High Street